m,dsafnkdafknlcad;skmn.afsk.naknavknavkn.vdak.ndvakndavkldv
I'm Bilingual! What's Your Super Power!
My first year teaching, my principal at the time told me that she was going to put the ESL kids in my class. I told her that I did not speak Spanish. She said that is was fine, and that I would be okay. Then she smiled and said, "Besides, not all of them are Hispanic. You will have one Japanese girl and a Haitian boy, so think of the wonderful experiences you'll have!" She said this with a sarcastic tone. But, I will say that I learned so much that year. I learned that these kids are tough, creative, talented, and look at being bilingual as a "super power" that only some kids are privileged to have. The readings this week talked about the different ESL programs and talked about the history of those programs as well as the history of knowledge and the understanding of the philosophies of knowledge. As I read the article "Learning Theories and Historical Events Affecting Instructional Design in Education", it just reminded me how much educatio...
Comments
Post a Comment